Hello everyone

New to the site? Post a 'hello' here.

Hello everyone

Postby russkimech » 06 Aug 2019, 11:46

Hi all,

I am a new owner of a 2006 Focus cc-3 and I am already loving it. I usually name my cars and this one is expanding on the cc name but is in sound only, her name is Kim Kardashian. Firstly, she's a c(K)ar and secondly, she has a very big rear end! But I love it - sorry, no offence intended to anyone out there.
I did notice the coolant temp was low when I test drove it and subsequently in the next day or so noticed it bounced up and down a lot; up when idling, down when driving. I concluded the thermostat was faulty but in my experience they rarely fail open? Usually they fail shut so I was a little sceptical of my own diagnosis however a little internetting revealed it is a common fault on the 2.0 Duratec engine so I bought one, looked at a YouTube tutorial and it is fitted. It was a bit of a tussle to be honest, but its on. The coolant temp is now stable but slightly under halfway on the gauge which is a bit unusual as well so maybe someone could enlighten me. My car mechanicing days belong in the days when thermostats where clearly visible and easily accessible on top of the engine! Not reverse flow, fitted down the bottom somewhere!
I started out as a car mechanic in the 1970s with forays into all sorts of different things, motocycle mechanic, marine engine mechanic and turbo tuner with a very well known firm of turbo car tuners in the 80s and 90s. The company is still going but a shadow of its former glory. For my sins i am now an aircraft mechanic - same s**t, different mode of transport!

I look forward to being an active member of your group!

Cheers! RusskiMech
russkimech

Currently Driving: 2006 Ford Focus cc-3
Owner Status: Mk1

Return to Welcome New Members